Great News!! If you have ever wondered what motivates Gary to create these beautiful pieces, give a listen to this podcast: ItsWood.com where he discusses the influence of his Grandfather, favorite techniques and concerns about the future of woodworking as a career…
Wonderful news in the art world… The Childhood’s End Gallery is celebrating its 50th Anniversary!! Yes, 50 years… Congrats!!
And I am honored to be included – Oct. 1 – Nov. 14, 2021!! For this event, I have created a very special display table of Oregon black walnut burl and American black walnut. It features a rare, antique hand-chiselled sage-kama Japanese joint to securely attach the lower floating shelves to the table legs. “Rays” a truly one-of-a-kind display table; 22-3/8″ in width, 18″ in depth, 30″ high; $1950.
One of my entries in this year’s 17th Annual “Art + Wood = Woodpalooza” Exhibition to be held over Labor Day weekend (see www.Woodpalooza.com for details), “Curvaceous”, a very unusual, sweeping Oregon walnut table top; 46″ in width, 11-1/2″ in depth, 30″ high; $2250.
Galleries Representing the Artist’s Work
I am honored to be an exhibiting artist at the following fine art galleries:
- The Wood Merchant, La Conner, WA (2002 – present)
- Penn Cove Gallery, Coupeville, WA (2005 – present)
- Scott Milo Gallery, Anacortes, WA (2007 – present)
- Cole Gallery, Edmonds, WA (2008 – present)
- Artwood Gallery, Fairhaven District, Bellingham, WA (2010 – present)
- Childhood’s End Gallery, Olympia, WA (2016 – present)
- Rob Schouten Gallery, Langley, WA (2018 – present)
- Waterfall Gallery, La Conner, WA (open by appointment – contact The Wood Merchant)